COVID-19 RAPID Antigen Test Kits
The SD Biosensor test is simple and easy to use. It can be administered by healthcare professionals but if necessary, can be self-administered in the safety and comfort of one’s workplace or home, with professional support.
Using a nasal swab sample, this test detects antigens (foreign substances that induce an immune response in the body) found on or within the virus.
Each box has 25 test kits. Each kit comes with a with an inbuilt COVID-19 antigen test cartridge device, viral extraction tube with viral lysis buffer and sterile swab for sample collection.
SD Biosensor SARS-CoV-2 diagnostic products remain suitable for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigens even in the emergence of newly discovered variants including the United Kingdom variant (VUI-202012/01) and the South African variant (501.V2).
“Several site mutations have occurred on the N-terminal side of the nucleocapsid protein at positions of 3, 203, 204, 235 for U.K(VUI-202012/01) and of 205 for S.A(501.V2), and there were no mutations on the C-terminal side. Since the recognition site of the raw materials used in our antigen test are the C-terminal side different from mutation sites, we expect our products are theoretically able to detect variants including U.K(VUI-202012/01) and S.A(501.V2).”
– SD Biosensor
Case Scenarios for COVID-19 RAPID Antigen Tests
You may want to see if you are carrying the virus for peace of mind:
1) Recent contact/exposure with a confirmed positive test individual and/or a close contact
2) Symptoms consistent with the flu or COVID-19 and not certain which it is
3) Return from airplane travel and presently in quarantine
4) Prior to visiting ‘at risk’ person in hospital, nursing home, new baby, pre-existing condition individual’s home (diabetes, autoimmune weakness, respiratory condition, cancer)
5) Monitoring higher risk people for home or workplace safety such as essential workers, health care providers
6) Group pre-screening prior to small group in person meetings
Collecting of specimen
from patient’s nasopharynx
Mix the specimen
with extraction buffer
Apply the specimen
get result within 30 minutes
Interpretation of Test Results
“C” Control Line
“T” Test Line
- People with early onset and high viral load were detected with 98.2% sensitivity
- 97% of individuals in which virus could be cultured were detected by the rapid test.
- This test is suitable to detect mild symptomatic cases.
Summary of the sensitivity and specificity of the STANDARD Q COVID-19 Ag Test compared to PCR
Abbreviations: CI95%, 95% confidence interval; PPV, positive predictive value; NPV, negative predictive value
All Negative Tests:
To improve the sensitivity of the test, repeat the test again after 24-48 hours of the first negative test if you are concerned or in quarantine.
All Positive Tests:
They are likely positive as the specificity is listed as 100%.